Friday 27 June 2014

Justice...From the Barrel of a Gun!

As promised in my previous post, here are some of the miniatures that I've painted up as characters from my Liberty Force setting.

A caveat before you start looking - I'm no Marike Reimar, so don't expect works of art. These are tabletop ready and paint-jobs that I'm pleased enough with that I'm not embarrassed to show them.

Our first visit is to the Golden Age of the Liberty Force universe.

"Lurking amongst the smokestacks of Hudson City, like the nocturnal bird of prey from which he took his name, the Owl metes out his own his own form of two-fisted justice on those who would prey upon the weak and innocent."


For some reason, although I have many superhero miniatures, the name of the figure from which I created the Owl always escapes me and I always have to look him up. The figure is SF-BA10 Seeker from Four-Color Figures, available from Old Glory in the US and gods-knows-where in the UK. I got mine from West Wind Productions, prior to them no longer carrying the line. Simple enough paint job, but I'm particularly pleased with his cape, as below:
 

It's supposed to represent feathers and took a lot of time and patience - I'm quite pleased with the effect, although the picture isn't the best.

"Rumoured to be a Mafia hitman betrayed and left for dead, the vigilante known as Vendetta wages a one-man war upon the criminals he once called friends. Some say the bone mask he wears curses him with eternal life until all those who betrayed him are dead. Every morning another criminal's corpse is found, a pink carnation left as a calling card."
 
 
Another miniature from Four-Color Figures, this one SF-GU4 The Hunter. When I first started collecting superhero miniatures, Four-Color was about the only manufacturer who did decent supers. As my camera is a bit rubbish, you can't tell that his buttonhole is pink. I went with a bone coloured mask, rather than white, as I thought it looked more effective.

"Robert Carter was the foremost investigator into the occult, prior to running afoul of a cult dedicated to Nyarlathotep. Subjected to tortures beyond human imagining, Carter came out a changed man. Now cursed with immortality and resembling the very creatures he once fought against, Carter now fights against the darkness as Doc Kraken!"
 

This miniature is a character called Shaitan, from a Chaos in Cairo double pack, which also featured a character called Husk, who was a spectral mummy-thing. However, you just have to love a machine-gun toting tentacled-faced adventurer.

"Fighting injustice by day as Hudson City's top lawyer, when night falls, Richard Blake dons the distinctive costume of the vigilante known as Doc Justice. No evil can escape his sight and he deals his own form of justice...from the barrel of a gun!"
 

Sometimes, you get lucky when taking a photo, as evidenced above. Base figure was an Indy Heroclix Lobster Johnson, but I felt that a leather effect outfit would be more in keeping with the era from which he comes. I had to file of the lobster claw, but other than that, all I did was repaint him. And yes, I know that Avril Lavigne wasn't around in the 30's, but this was an old piece of scenery I had lying around and looked good behind him.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment